All about food

All about food

Monday, August 17, 2020

Melt-in-the--mouth Matcha Butter Cookies

In June, I baked a batch of crunchy Matcha Butter Cookies.  Since I have some matcha powder left, I might as well try out another recipe, which is melt-in-the-mouth.  


Ingredients:

150g. salted butter (softened)

45g. icing sugar (sifted)

1 egg yolk

115g. plain flour (sifted)

45g. cornflour (sifted)

3 tsp. matcha powder (sifted)


Methods:

  1. In a stand mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add egg yolk and continue to beat until combined.
  3. Add plain flour and cornstarch and mix using a rubber spatula.
  4. Transfer dough into a piping bag with a star nozzle.  
  5. Pipe out evenly onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
  6. Bake in a preheated oven of 170 degree Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
  7. Let it cool completely before storing into an airtight container.
Note:
I use this melt-in-the-mouth Matcha Butter Cookies for my Yogurt Parfait, in my previous post.

This recipe is adapted from 'ZaTaYaYummy' of 'thezonghan.com'.  I use half of the amount of ingredients for my recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment