All about food

All about food

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Mini Cereal Pancakes

I came across this cute miniature-sized pancakes recipe, and at that very instant I fall in love with it.  Got myself a must-have sauce squeeze bottle, get it washed, and hope for it to quickly dry, and here it is, happily enjoying myself in the kitchen with this outcome.....


Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour (sifted)

1/4 tsp. salt

1 3/4 tsp. baking powder (sifted)

1 tbsp. sugar

3/4 cup milk

1 egg

1 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)

1/2 tsp. McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract


Methods:

  1. Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Add in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla, and whisk to mix until it becomes a smooth batter.
  3. Pour the batter into the squeeze bottle.
  4. Heat a non-stick pan, brush very lightly with cooking oil.  You can use butter.  Squeeze tiny rounds of batter all over the pan (size depending on your preference). Cover the pan and let the pancakes cook until browned on the bottom side.  
  5. Remove them into a bowl and continue with the rest of the batter.  For information, I did not make use of all the batter for making the mini pancakes.  I still have remaining batter, so I make some normal size ones...  Compare the difference in size ~ smile ~

Notes:  
  1. This mini pancakes makes good snacks.  I munch it in front of the TV, and just to let you know that, it is so small and it's not filling, so you can just pop into your mouth (few at a time) without being aware of how much you have eaten.
  2. According to the title of this recipe, it is supposedly to eat as cereal with milk, honey and other toppings according to your liking, as they do not get soggy, but I haven't try this yet.  I will try out this cereal experience when I make my next batch.  
  3. I enjoys using this cute mini pancakes to re-create my own yogurt parfait. Go to my next post to view my home creation.
This recipe is adapted from 'Whisk Affair' with slight amendment.

1 comment:

  1. These Pancake Cereal are cute as a button and the softest, fluffiest, and most delightful breakfast to grace our tables. Ever!

    ReplyDelete