All about food

All about food

Monday, October 27, 2014

Fried minced pork with egg

This recipe have been my children's favourite since young.  My late mum-in-law used to cook this dish and they all enjoyed eating them with a plate of rice after school. Till today, my children still love this minced pork with egg very much, and whenever I get to be with Alex and Karen who are working away from hometown, I will try my best to cook this dish for them and they are sure to enjoy it with 'smiles on their faces.'



For a smaller portion as in the picture, all you need is to put about 1 cup of minced meat into a bowl (a bigger one for easy mixing), then add in 1/4 tsp of grounded pepper and salt, 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce, drizzle of sesame oil, then give it a good mix till well combined.  Crack one egg into the mixture and give it a good stir.  Next, heat up a flat round pan and put in enough oil to cover the whole pan but not too much, and when the pan is hot pour in the mixture and spread out evenly with a spoon.  Turn the heat to medium and fry till brown, then flip over to the other side till cook through.  Put the cooked meat on the chopping board, cut into desired size pieces and serve on a plate.

Note:  I fry this meat mixture as one whole piece due to its smaller portion and I have a flat pan which is enough for frying it.  Normally, if the amount is bigger, I will just fry it in a normal wok of individual pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment