All about food

All about food

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mashed Potato Salad

I believe most home-cooks tend to agree with me that cooking for a few or even a small group of people are much more easier than for one person.  This is exactly what happens to me when comes to lunch time during weekdays if I am just too lazy to go out.  I won't be cooking a full meal then, but instead just something simple and light to satisfy my hunger.  Today, I am cooking myself a simple Mashed Potato Salad.....
1 serving

Ingredients:
1 potato
1 slice of bacon and ham
Cucumber
Onion
1 tbsp mayonnaise
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar

Methods:

  1. Wash, boil the potato with some salt till tender, drain, peel and mash.
  2. Sprinkle pinch of salt into the mashed potato, put in olive oil and apple cider vinegar, continue to mix till well combined. Leave aside to cool.
  3. Pan fry the bacon and ham, remove from pan and cut into slices.
  4. Cut out about 1 inch of cucumber, cut into half, seeded and slice thinly.
  5. Cut out a small portion of the onion and slice thinly.
  6. Mix mashed potato, cucumber, onion, ham and bacon with mayonnaise till well combined.
  7. Refrigerate to chill before serving and garnish as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment