All about food

All about food

Saturday, November 14, 2020

My Mix and Match Udon Noodle Soup

After cracking my head on what to have for my lunch one morning, as usual opening and closing the fridge door, finally, I decided to cook myself a bowl of 'mix and match Udon noodle soup'.  The name 'mix and match' derived from the different types of ingredients which is available: (1) a leftover portion of Udon which is just enough for me; (2) chicken breast, recently I baked a whole chicken but keep the breast aside for making Salads; (3) just bought a roll of pink-swirl narutomaki fish cake; (4) I always have dried shiitake mushrooms in my pantry, so just make use of one to enhance the flavor; (5) add some green vegetable to balance the meal; (6) spring onion for garnish; and (7) not forgetting the soup base is from my recent 'slow cooker bone broth.'  So, by putting everything together I come up with this simple yet yummylicious bowl of Udon noodle soup.



The Slow Cooker Bone Broth recipe can be obtain here



Few simple steps:

  • In a heated pot with water, boil the vegetable, dish and drain.
  • Using the same pot and water, boil Udon, once it loosen, dish into a serving bowl.
  • Slice the pink-swirl narutomaki fish cake and set aside.
  • Shred the chicken breast.
  • For the soup base, I take it out from the freezer to room temperature until time of cooking.  Scoop the required amount of soup into a pot and let it comes to a boil.  Add the shiitake mushrooms and continue simmer for 1-2 minutes.  Taste for correct seasoning.  I add chicken stock granules, as I did not season the bone broth.  Remove from heat.
  • Arrange the ingredients on top of the Udon noodles, pour the soup or broth over, garnish with spring onion, and lunch is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment