All about food

All about food

Thursday, November 26, 2020

My Salad - A Twist Of Fusion

Bought a packet of Butterhead Lettuce yesterday, and, telling myself that I am going to have Salad for my lunch.  I have used up all my homemade Salad Dressings.  As usual, when I put on my thinking cap, I will start opening and closing my fridge doors, take a peek, give a thought and... then, my eyes caught the two rolls of leftover Lobak (Five-Spice Meat Rolls), and that very instant it reminds me of the Japanese Cucumbers which I bought yesterday together with the Butterhead Lettuce.  I told myself 'This is just PERFECT!'  Let me make today's Salad special, A Twist Of Fusion!



Few simple ingredients:

  • Butterhead Lettuce
  • Lobak (Five-Spice Meat Rolls) - fried with oil, drain and cut diagonally
  • 1 Japanese Cucumber (sliced diagonally)
  • Sambal Belacan/Shrimp Paste (I always have this homemade sambal belacan in my fridge) to obtain the recipe, click here
2 simple steps:
  1. Arrange the Butterhead Lettuce, Lobak and Cucumber onto a serving dish.
  2. Spoon sambal belacan or shrimp paste onto a small serving dish.
  3. The Salad is ready to be served! Yum-Yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment